For others, it is not being hopeless, but perhaps feeling that we need to fight back, chasing elusive opponents and circumstances we cannot change. We feel powerless because the target is too big or too scary. So we give in or give up.
Which brings me back to Give Way - it is different from giving in. Sometimes it is best to step back, yield to the realities in our lives and go into problem solving, not fighting the tide. Here are some ways to get back in control:
- Look for options. There are always options.
- Assess your strengths. You have more that you realize.
- Look for potential solutions. Take off the blinders and get creative.
- Become active in moving forward. Action is the most powerful tool you have.
- Trust that what is in our lives is something we can mange, and that it shows up to teach us something we need to learn.
- There is real freedom and personal power In acceptance and reassuring and moving on. We get to be creators of our present and of our future if we actively choose to stop being victims of our circumstances.
So next time you are faced with a very difficult hardship or even a small bump in the road, know that there is a way to yield and to steer around the bump. To Give Way brings out your best self, knowing you have choices and skills and experiences that will allow you to flow in the right direction – to more happiness and joy in your life.