Today I have been thinking a lot about how I arrived where I am at this moment, and I wanted to share some important things I’ve recently realized. I don’t mean “where I am” as in where I live or what I have -- I am talking about the work that I am doing now. I got to this point because I allowed myself to do the following:
- Take a risk
- Think differently
- Take account of my strengths and weaknesses
- Understand what I love to do (and don’t!)
- Seek out and leverage outside expertise
- Build a network of support
- Try something different while using my experience and skills to help others.
Putting all of these things together over time brought me tremendous satisfaction and for the first time in my life, I do feel I am here doing what I am supposed to do.
More ideas on how this happened in the next blog, but for today, start your On Purpose journey by taking a risk and reaching out to help or ask for help. It is so much easier to connect and share than to struggle alone!